Reports To: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Company: DLP Real Estate Capital
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
Summary: DLP Real Estate Capital is looking to add an entry-level Accounting Associate to join our expanding accounting department. You will be responsible for processing invoices, maintaining proper documentation for vendor files, distribution of payments, organizing records and files, and making bank deposits. This position requires organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. An accounting degree is preferred, but not required if we believe you are the right fit. Customer service and retail experience is a plus!
What you have ALREADY achieved!
- Degree in Accounting
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Highly organized with the ability to efficiently and accurately manage multiple projects
- Ability to complete tasks on time with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven abilities in researching and resolving problems
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative, dynamic environment
- Strong desire to improve a process in order to complete tasks more efficiently
What you are great at :
- Process accounts payable using the AppFolio Property Management system
- Ensure all invoices are processed with acute accuracy and efficiency
- Be proactive in the monitoring of payment due dates to ensure timely payments
- Verify accuracy of all payments and proper DLP invoice approvals
- Accurately identify the correct company and property to be charged
- Accurately identify the appropriate general ledger accounts
- Maintain vendor files ensuring proper name, address and W-9 documentation
- Handle the mailing and distribution of payments to vendors
- Maintaining organized records and paid invoice files
- Research historical payments, vendor ledgers, and account balances as needed
- Complete special projects and various analysis work as may be requested
- Assist the entire accounting team w/ ad-hoc projects/tasks as requested
- Maintain excellent work habits and the ability to work under pressure
- Must be a perfectionist, with no tolerance for financial errors or oversights
- Hold all company financial information in the highest regard and in strict confidence
Who you will work with :
- Our FUN & ENERGIZED Accounting Management Staff (CFO, VP of Finance, Controller & AP Supervisor)
- The rest of the dedicated accounting department!
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.