Loan Servicing Accounting Associate
Reports To: Loan Servicing Accounting Manager
Company: Alliance Servicing LLC
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
DLP Real Estate Capital is the parent company of the DLP family of companies
Summary: DLP is looking to add a Loan Servicing Accounting Associate to our expanding accounting department. This is not an entry-level position. The position requires considerable knowledge of financial accounting. You will be responsible for recording, analyzing and reporting transactional data at the end of a given period. This position requires extreme attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused in a busy environment. An accounting degree is mandatory.
What you have already achieved:
- You are an experienced accountant with several years of industry experience (preferred).
- Experience with QuickBooks is highly preferred.
- You have 2 plus years experience with QuickBooks and other accounting platforms, and are a rockstar with general ledger functions as well as financial reporting.
What you are great at:
- Fully trained on all loan servicing responsibilities including management of all aspects of in-service loans from onboarding at loan closing to loan payoff including; verifying and wiring loan closing funds, new loan set up, processing and recording borrower principal and interest payments, processing draw request wires, calculating late fees, maintaining borrower ledgers, loan history, account balances, producing statements, delinquency reporting and providing payment demands
- Heavily involved conversion from Loan Service Soft (LSS) to Mortgage Automator
- Analyze, process and reconcile daily Alliance bank activity to LSS/Mortgage Automator
- Maintain supporting schedules and accounting records, including but not limited to; loan roll forwards, accrued interest income, investor account balances and delinquency reports
- Assist with monthly and quarterly close processes as necessary
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis on various data and subjects as may be requested by management from time-to-time
- Maintain accurate organized records of account balances and loans using spreadsheets and the Mortgage Automator and/or other fund management software.
- Maintain accurate financial ledgers on costs, revenues, expenses, payables and receivables using the Company’s accounting systems and in QuickBooks.
- Complete bank reconciliations accurately and timely each month.
- Balance sheet and income statement reconciliations each month.
- Entering deposits and processing checks in QuickBooks
- Maintain necessary scheduling procedures to ensure all payments are processed and paid in advance of their respective due dates.
- Processing of payments to and from the funds via check, ACH and wire transfers.
- Tracking of payment due dates, maturities, renewals and extensions of the loans payable and receivable of the funds.
- Tracking of loan fees and management fees earned and receivable.
- Assist the Controller in the preparation of financial statements and reports for operating companies.
- Participate in account analysis work, budgeting and review of financial statements in connection with the above.
- Prepare accurate detailed financial statement packages by the 5th of each month.
- Daily monitoring of cash balances and upcoming cash requirements.
- Preparation of daily reports.
- Coordinate and work closely and in cooperation with other loan servicing accountant(s) and department personnel.
- Assist Loan Servicing Accounting Manager, Controller and the accounting department with special projects or as may be needed or directed.
- All company financial information to be held in strict confidence.
- Must be a perfectionist, with no tolerance for financial sloppiness.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – as directed.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
Who you will work with:
- Our FUN & ENERGIZED Accounting Management Staff
- Loan Servicing Accounting Manager, Controller and VP of Finance
- The rest of the dedicated accounting department!
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.