South Bend, IN
Salary: $0.00 to $200,000.00 /year
Role: Senior Regional Property Manager (aka Director of Operations)
Reports to: Vice President Property Management
Company: DLP Real Estate Management
Compensation: $150,000 – $200,000 Annually, base + Bonus
Location: Greenville SC, Orlando FL, South Bend IN, Atlanta GA, Little Rock AR
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
DLP Real Estate Management- Provides world-class property, asset, and construction management of multi-family communities, in addition to single-family rental homes and select commercial assets. Home of the Elite Resident Program and the management company of the Dream, Live, Prosper, and Village apartment communities.
Summary : DLP Real Estate Management is looking for a top level performer and forward thinking superstar in the role of Senior Regional Property Manager. At DLP we call this position a Director of Property Operations as we understand that the true dynamos are determined, flexible, detail oriented and driven servant leaders who not only oversee management of multiple locations, but also develop talented teams, lead by example, is a WOW Service Expert and knows how to help their teams achieve financial and business plan goals! This talented and experienced individual plays a key role acting with an owner’s mentality in driving financial success of DLP multifamily communities in achieving the business goals and objectives specific to each property within their portfolio.
This dynamic forward-thinking, energetic and driven property management professional will utilize their experience, proven leadership skills and ownership mentality in making strategic decisions related to rent growth, opportunities to drive additional income, physical property upkeep and an innate understanding of the surrounding market to maximize revenue and minimize expenditures in driving the community as a profitable and well managed business. The DO is expected to lead by example through GRIT and Humble Confidence, setting, monitoring and achieving goals, proactively forecasting, budgeting and inspecting physical plant, process and policy adherence while growing and developing their portfolio team members and ensuring that residents and customers are WOWed by exemplary service and a sense of community that inspires.
The ideal candidate understands the value of people, holds teams accountable, exhibits and instills ownership while identifying, recruiting and hiring well placed top talent into the right positions; You will be responsible for maximizing effectiveness and igniting a passion for excellence. Execution to plan, a collaborative and entrepreneurial sense of adventure, competitive spirit, a desire to learn and excel is a must as we build bench strength and a team of top performing industry recognized professionals with a can-do attitude.
What you have already achieved: (Requirements)
- Minimum three years in multifamily or hospitality management simultaneously managing seven or more communities
- Minimum five years in a leadership position within property or hospitality management
- Proven ability to lead people and hold teams accountable in a positive way as you drive change and achieve targeted results
- Leading multifamily communities that competitors aspire to work at because of their recognized great customer and resident service experiences, always maintained clean and safe communities with great curb appeal!
- Inspecting what you expect! Leading by example and following through on commitments
- Former employees who would gladly work with you and for you again
- A reputation for outperformance through hiring the right team members, placing them in the right positions and then continuing their skill and leadership development
- Experience in renovating and repositioning multifamily communities
- Budget creation, ongoing income and expense management of multiple communities simultaneously
- College degree preferred
- CPM, CAM or other industry designation appreciated
- G-Suite, Microsoft products, AppFolio, Entrata or ResMan helpful
- Documented success of financial and business plan goal achievement
- A desire to continue learning and growing while also developing others
What you are great at: (Responsibilities)
- Recruit, hire, train, mentor, coach and lead team members in their portfolio
- Evaluate performance of the community and its team members; Address conflicts and appropriately resolve issues and concerns in a timely fashion
- Lead each community to achieve budgeted NOI through strategically maximizing revenue and minimizing expenses
- 93% Economic Occupancy achieved and maintained
- Maintain detailed knowledge of market and submarket through networks established/maintained with significant competitors
- Promote and provide a consistent and high level of service for customers and residents ensuring that a positive WOW experience
- Plan, assign and direct work, projects, plans and programs; Utilize, guide and train team in use of Elite Execution System
- Leading a team that includes multiple property managers and their teams. You are expected to be able to clearly and effectively communicate goals, deadlines and expectations, motivate through words, develop strong teamwork, and provide direction when necessary
- Assist in creation and drive execution of company policies, procedures and best practices
- Build reliable property budgets and ensure that communities are achieving and operating within the approved budget while also maintaining the community
- Manage to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, functionality and efficiency are maintained on a consistent basis as it relates to grounds, landscaping, amenities, breezeways, hallways, fitness centers, mail kiosk, entrances, and exits to the community
- Perform regular site visits (2x month recommended) walking the community, inspecting common areas and vacant apartment homes to ensure day-to-day activities are running smoothly and in accordance to policy
- Manage and lead in accordance with Fair Housing and regulatory guidelines; ensure completion of required Fair Housing training for all team members within your portfolio
- Gather bids, negotiate and evaluate contracts and make recommendations to supervisors. Review and approve property expenditures within specified budget guidelines
- Full responsible for achievement of property and portfolio goals to achieve business plan and financial expectations. Accountable for property performance month over month
- Build and maintain positive relationships with investors, peers, co-workers, local businesses, technical schools, colleges, universities, property owners, vendors.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills, facilitation skills and outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibit proficiency in multiple software systems including Appfolio,GSuite, Blue Moon, ADP, BetterNOI, ROOOF, and others as needed
- Successfully lead change, facilitate coaching and training, team meetings, financial reviews, and Performance Meetings
- Drive expectations that vacant turns are completed within 5 business days of move out
- Some travel, weekend and evening hours may be required. Travel percentage will be based on portfolio location and business demand.
- Promote and live the dlp Core Values. Actively participate in company events, Vision Day, issues Solving Day, Alignement Day, National Open House and Company Initiatives
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of state and regulatory agency statutes, Lease documents, Community Policies
- Lease-up of communities within a portfolio. Effectively manage a wide spectrum of property types and situations including workforce housing properties, rehab/renovations and distressed/turnaround properties.
- Conduct regular site visits to evaluate market readies, rents, delinquencies, and lease renewals. Hold team meetings. Ensure communities assigned receive necessary training and adhere to established company standards including customer service.
- Successfully transition and onboard new team members and new communities acclimating them to dlp culture, expectations, gritty work ethic, quality and core values
- Partner with Construction & Redevelopment team to achieve renovation and capital improvement timelines and budget
Who you will work with :
- 350+ high energy team members ready to assist with any project
- An experienced and industry recognized and respected top-level senior Leadership team
- A driven and supportive Accounting, Human resources, Construction, Revenue Acceleration and Elite Community Support Team
- A founder and leader that leads by example, drives towards excellence and achieves big goals!
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.
Our Purpose: Dream. Live. Prosper. Passionately creating prosperity through Real Estate.
Our Mission: Lead and inspire the building of wealth and prosperity with our partners through the execution of innovative real estate solutions.
Our BHAG (Big Goal): 100,000 solutions provided for and from real estate.
DLP Real Estate Capital is the parent company of the DLP family of companies and includes:
DLP Realty- A leader in providing innovative solutions to home buyers and sellers, as well as active single and multi-family investors and builders. Home of the Guaranteed Sale program and the Immediate Buyout Program through DLP Offers.
DLP Capital Partners- The leader in providing passive real estate equity and debt funds that offers consistent and reliable high-yield returns directly to high-net-worth investors and through their advisors. Home of the 6-10% fixed return.
DLP Real Estate Management- Provides world-class property, asset, and construction management of multi-family communities, in addition to single-family homes and select commercial assets. Home of the Elite Resident program and the management company of the Dream, Live, Prosper, and Village apartment communities.
DLP Lending- The leader in providing investment housing funding to active single-family and multi-family investors, in addition to privately owned home builders throughout the eastern, southern, and midwestern United States. Home of the Elite Line of Credit Program.
Our Achievements: DLP Real Estate Capital has over $900 million in assets under management, and since our founding, has closed over 15,000 real estate transactions totaling more than $3 billion.
- We’ve been ranked by The Wall Street Journal as one of the Top 15 Real Estate professionals in the country, including #1 in all of PA and NJ for the past 5 years in a row.
- We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in the US, ranked by Inc. 5000 for 7 consecutive years.
- Earned the #3 spot for Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2020 in the real estate and property category by Financial Times
- We continue to win many workplace awards each year, including Top Workplace, Best Workplace, 40 Under 40, and Fastest Growth in both PA and Florida.
- Live the DLP Core Values:
- Driven For Greatness
- Perseverance and Passion for Long-Term Goals: GRIT
- Enthusiastically Delivering WOW
- Living Fully
- Innovative Solution Focused
- Twenty Mile March
- Execution & Excellence
- Humble Confidence
If you share our core values and can drive results in a thriving and fast-growing company, we look forward to speaking with you! While our company has grown to 350+ team members, our team approach allows us to maintain an entrepreneurial spirit while driving toward results. Our team members are engaged and driving results that make a real difference in achieving our Mission. You’ll be noticed and recognized while being provided with tremendous opportunity for growth and continuous learning.
We are looking for ROCK STARS to join our collaborative team. Are you driven for greatness? If so, we may be a perfect match! If you feel that you have the drive, knowledge, skills, and experience to truly be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today!