Loan Servicing Accounting Associate
Reports To: Loan Servicing Accounting Manager
Company: DLP Real Estate Capital
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
DLP Real Estate Capital is the parent company of the DLP family of companies
Summary: DLP is looking to add a Loan Servicing Accounting Associate to our expanding accounting department. This is not an entry-level position. The position requires considerable knowledge of financial accounting. You will be responsible for recording, analyzing and reporting transactional data at the end of a given period. This position requires extreme attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused in a busy environment. An accounting degree is mandatory.
What you have already achieved:
- You are an experienced accountant with several years of industry experience (preferred).
- Experience with QuickBooks is highly preferred.
- You have 2 plus years experience with QuickBooks and other accounting platforms, and are a rockstar with general ledger functions as well as financial reporting.
What you are great at:
- Fully trained on all loan servicing responsibilities including management of all aspects of in-service loans from onboarding at loan closing to loan payoff including; verifying and wiring loan closing funds, new loan set up, processing and recording borrower principal and interest payments, processing draw request wires, calculating late fees, maintaining borrower ledgers, loan history, account balances, producing statements, delinquency reporting and providing payment demands
- Heavily involved conversion from Loan Service Soft (LSS) to Mortgage Automator
- Analyze, process and reconcile daily Alliance bank activity to LSS/Mortgage Automator
- Maintain supporting schedules and accounting records, including but not limited to; loan roll forwards, accrued interest income, investor account balances and delinquency reports
- Assist with monthly and quarterly close processes as necessary
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis on various data and subjects as may be requested by management from time-to-time
- Maintain accurate organized records of account balances and loans using spreadsheets and the Mortgage Automator and/or other fund management software.
- Maintain accurate financial ledgers on costs, revenues, expenses, payables and receivables using the Company’s accounting systems and in QuickBooks.
- Complete bank reconciliations accurately and timely each month.
- Balance sheet and income statement reconciliations each month.
- Entering deposits and processing checks in QuickBooks
- Maintain necessary scheduling procedures to ensure all payments are processed and paid in advance of their respective due dates.
- Processing of payments to and from the funds via check, ACH and wire transfers.
- Tracking of payment due dates, maturities, renewals and extensions of the loans payable and receivable of the funds.
- Tracking of loan fees and management fees earned and receivable.
- Assist the Controller in the preparation of financial statements and reports for operating companies.
- Participate in account analysis work, budgeting and review of financial statements in connection with the above.
- Prepare accurate detailed financial statement packages by the 5th of each month.
- Daily monitoring of cash balances and upcoming cash requirements.
- Preparation of daily reports.
- Coordinate and work closely and in cooperation with other loan servicing accountant(s) and department personnel.
- Assist Loan Servicing Accounting Manager, Controller and the accounting department with special projects or as may be needed or directed.
- All company financial information to be held in strict confidence.
- Must be a perfectionist, with no tolerance for financial sloppiness.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – as directed.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
Who you will work with
- Our FUN & ENERGIZED Accounting Management Staff
- Loan Servicing Accounting Manager, Controller and VP of Finance
- The rest of the dedicated accounting department!
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.
Our Purpose: Dream. Live. Prosper. Passionately creating prosperity through Real Estate.
Our Mission: Lead and inspire the building of wealth and prosperity with our partners through the execution of innovative real estate solutions.
Our BHAG (Big Goal): 100,000 solutions provided for and from real estate.
DLP Real Estate Capital is the parent company of the DLP family of companies and includes:
DLP Realty- A leader in providing innovative solutions to home buyers and sellers, as well as active single and multi-family investors and builders. Home of the Guaranteed Sale program and the Immediate Buyout Program through DLP Offers.
DLP Capital Partners- The leader in providing passive real estate equity and debt funds that offers consistent and reliable high-yield returns directly to high-net-worth investors and through their advisors. Home of the 6-10% fixed return.
DLP Real Estate Management- Provides world-class property, asset, and construction management of multi-family communities, in addition to single-family homes and select commercial assets. Home of the Elite Resident program and the management company of the Dream, Live, Prosper, and Village apartment communities.
DLP Lending- The leader in providing investment housing funding to active single-family and multi-family investors, in addition to privately owned home builders throughout the eastern, southern, and midwestern United States. Home of the Elite Line of Credit Program.
Our Achievements: DLP Real Estate Capital has over $1 Billion in assets under management, and since our founding, has closed over 15,000 real estate transactions totaling more than $3 billion.
- We’ve been ranked by The Wall Street Journal as one of the Top 15 Real Estate professionals in the country, including #1 in all of PA and NJ for the past 5 years in a row.
- We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in the US, ranked by Inc. 5000 for 8 consecutive years.
- Earned the #3 spot for Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2020 in the real estate and property category by Financial Times
- We continue to win many workplace awards each year, including Top Workplace, Best Workplace, 40 Under 40, and Fastest Growth in both PA and Florida.
- Our core values
- Driven for Greatness
- Perseverance and Passion for Long-Term Goals: GRIT
- Enthusiastically Delivering WOW
- Living Fully
- Innovative Solution Focus
- Twenty Mile March
- Execution & Excellence
- Humble Confidence
If you share our core values and can drive results in a thriving and fast-growing company, we look forward to speaking with you! While our company has grown to 350+ team members, our team approach allows us to maintain an entrepreneurial spirit while driving toward results. Our team members are engaged and driving results that make a real difference in achieving our Mission. You’ll be noticed and recognized while being provided with tremendous opportunity for growth and continuous learning.
We are looking for ROCK STARS to join our collaborative team. Are you driven for greatness? If so, we may be a perfect match! If you feel that you have the drive, knowledge, skills, and experience to truly be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today!