Holly Hill, FL
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Role: Account Settlement Agent
Reports to: Account Settlement Manager
Company: DLP Property Management
Compensation: $15 hour plus commission
Location: Holly Hill FL
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
DLP Real Estate Management- Provides world-class property, asset, and construction management of multi-family communities, in addition to single-family homes and select commercial assets. Home of the Elite Resident program and the management company of the Dream, Live and Prosper, apartment communities.
Summary: The Account Settlement Agent role will play an important part in revenue generation for DLP Real Estate Management by driving collection of past due resident accounts. This department acts as an extension of the community teams to ensure no dollar goes uncollected. You will work directly with past residents providing exceptional customer service, firm negotiating skills, understanding of the leases and move out procedures to relay to the residents.
What you have already achieved: (Requirements)
- Call center, debt collection, sales and/or customer service experience is preferred (minimum 2 years)
- Ability to multitask in a production driven environment
- Comfortable navigating between multiple computer screens and systems simultaneously
- Comfort working in a call center environment
- A sense of confidence and enthusiasm in a collections and sales environment
- Interviewing (asking the right questions) and listening skills
What you are great at: (Responsibilities)
- Acting as an extension of the community team in assisting with collecting rent and other fees owed to the community by the resident and customer
- Working and negotiating with customers to resolve their debts through a payment plan arrangement or a lump-sum settlement amount
- Understanding how to read and interpret resident ledgers, final accounting statements, leases and applications.
- Sharing a sense of optimism that translates into helping the customer understand “the why” and how it benefits them to pay our debt first and before others they may have.
- Manage Move-out accounting transactions with a bad debt collections focus
- Make outbound telephone calls to past residents and customers informing them of their delinquent account.
- Provide weekly reporting on successful collection amounts and payment plans as requested by the Account Settlement manager.
- Contacting past residents via email or paper correspondence in addition to phone to address account issues or payment plans for collections.
- Deliver exceptional customer service in order to correct ledgers or collect past balances.
- Reviewing balances on past resident ledgers to ensure accurate bad debt balances
- Having a basic understanding and adherence to the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and other compliance regulations and security policies.
- Treat residents and former residents with respect, empathize with their situation, and identify a win-win outcome for both parties
- Provide WOW Service and customer experience aligned with DLP’s core values
- Interacting with customers for understanding reasons for late payment and assisting customers and community teams in resolving customer billing disputes.
- Accepting incoming calls from former residents concerning accounts.
- Attend all company huddles, meetings, and weekly WIG sessions
- Accurately update and maintain account files in Collect!/ Appfolio & ResMan
- Stay in compliance with SOP and Call scripts
- Maintain positive relationships with community teams and portfolio leaders
- Speak to past residents to address account issues or payment plans for collections. Deliver exceptional customer service in order to correct ledgers or collect past balances.Follow flow charts for collections
- Attend company and Industry training as directed by the supervisor.
Who you will work with :
- An experienced top-level Leadership team
- Dynamic team members at DLP communities, a top accounting team and leaders focused on helping you be successful!
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- Success! Setting goals, achieving results and outperforming!
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.