Lehigh Valley, PA
Salary: $14.00 /hour
Reports To: Service Manager
Company: DLP Real Estate Management
Position type: Full time
Location: Traveling PA/NJ
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
DLP Real Estate Management- Provides world-class property, asset, and construction management of multi-family communities, in addition to single-family homes and select commercial assets. Home of the Elite Resident program and the management company of the Dream, Live, Prosper, and Village apartment communities.
Summary: DLP is looking for a traveling Porter/Cleaner who is dependable, can work independently, and will take the initiative to take on other responsibilities and challenges as they arise. This is because the Porter is responsible for “Our House” and “Curb Appeal”. Our House refers to the overall appearance and upkeep of numerous properties and serves as an example to our residents on how we expect them to live. The term “curb appeal” refers to the impression the property(s) makes from the street. It is the appearance the property portrays when seen from a car, as well as the impression it makes on anyone passing by the community. This is the first impression a customer has of the community; their first impressions are their ongoing impressions. It is also what the residents see each day as they come and go. The Porter must be reliable when reporting to work. He/she must be able to relate to residents in a friendly, professional manner. He/she must be able to follow instructions and perform his/her duties with minimum supervision.
What you have already accomplished: (Requirements)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 1+ years experience is preferred
- Multi-family experience is preferred
- Current driver’s license and dependable vehicle is a must
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- On your feet for long periods of time
- Climbing stairs
- Use of ladder/step stool
What you are great at (Responsibilities)
- Keeping exterior grounds clean and free of litter, debris, and pet droppings
- Clean common areas of both residential and commercial properties
- Remove trash and remaining items from vacant apartments prior to starting the make-ready process, transfer trash to dumpster or storage area as applicable, and clean and maintain storage areas
- Report lease violations to Direct Report
- Demonstrates customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering resident questions, and responding sensitively to complaints
- Keep daily records and recording work completion in live time
- Able to comprehend the tasks assigned to the individual and follow through with those tasks.
- Being Organized
Who you will work with :
- 350+ Employees Ready to help with any project
- 20 Property managers all up and down the east coast
- Two Dedicated to WOW VP’s
- 10 Assistant Property Managers
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.
- Live the DLP Core Values:
- Driven For Greatness
- Perseverance and Passion for Long-Term Goals: GRIT
- Enthusiastically Delivering WOW
- Living Fully
- Innovative Solution Focused
- Twenty Mile March
- Execution & Excellence
- Humble Confidence
If you share our core values and can drive results in a thriving and fast-growing company, we look forward to speaking with you! While our company has grown to 350+ team members, our team approach allows us to maintain an entrepreneurial spirit while driving toward results. Our team members are engaged and driving results that make a real difference in achieving our Mission. You’ll be noticed and recognized while being provided with tremendous opportunity for growth and continuous learning.
We are looking for ROCK STARS to join our collaborative team. Are you driven for greatness? If so, we may be a perfect match! If you feel that you have the drive, knowledge, skills, and experience to truly be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today!