Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
IT Help Desk Technician Tier 1
Reports To: IT Director
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
Location: St. Augustine, FL
DLP Real Estate Capital is the parent company of the DLP family of companies
Summary: We are seeking an entry level Help Desk Technician who is self motivated with the desire and drive to learn (we teach), work hard, and grow both personally and technically. Main responsibilities include supporting the IT service desk by providing technical support via phone, e-mail, chat, remote, and walk-ins, while maintaining ownership throughout the lifecycle of end-user requests. This role requires a basic understanding of computers and networks and how they operate, as well as having a broad knowledge of hardware and software, operating systems, and basic computer programming. A familiarity with audio/visual equipment, SaaS applications, VOIP, and security is a plus.
What you have already achieved:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree in IT or related field (preferred)
- 1+ years Help Desk/Technical Support experience (preferred)
- 1+ years Microsoft Windows, MacOS, VOIP, G Suite, Office 365, Zoom experience (preferred)
- Professional technical education, training, and certifications (preferred)
- An ingrained self-motivation, especially to complete work assignments.
- Efficient and driven. Task-oriented.
- Technical aptitude. Pick up on technical things quickly. Ability to learn new products and technologies quickly.
What you are great at:
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
- Respond to user queries by phone, email, chat, remotely or in person
- Create step-by-step training material with screenshots for users
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming concerns and issues related to systems, software, and hardware
- Ask questions and listen to users to determine the root cause of issues
- Work through the problem-solving process, empowering end users to do the same in the future
- Troubleshoot and replace hardware, hard drives, memory, and other networking peripherals
- Install operating systems and drivers, configure desktops, notebooks, and audio/visual systems
- Report significant and recurring issues to the IT staff
- Help resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
- Collect feedback to determine patterns and issues so that documentation and FAQs can be provided to end users for ease in troubleshooting
- Order equipment and negotiate pricing with third-party vendors
- Support IT staff as needed
- Service to others/customers. Listen to end-users, address their needs and concerns, and keep them informed by providing status reports and progress updates
- Taking initiative. Respond quickly and appropriately to requests. Assume you’re wholly responsible for owning an issue to its conclusion (including solving the problem or escalating it in a timely manner)
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.
- Do you have 1+ years HelpDesk/Technical Support experience?
- How do you handle a frustrated or unsatisfied end-user?
- How do you respond to a request when you do not know the answer?
- What is the biggest help desk challenge you have faced and how did you handle it?
- What do you love about Information Technology?