Baton Rouge, LA
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
Reports To: Property Manager
Company: Property Management
Compensation : $40,000 Annually With Growth Potential
Location: Baton Rouge LA
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
Summary: The Service Supervisor keeps the property safe and comfortable for its residents and maintains the physical condition of the owner’s investment. They work under the direction of the Community Manager and in their absence the Business Manager to deliver wow customer service to our residents. They should be a career oriented, experienced, self starter, to work in a growth oriented, fast paced, challenging service department!
What you have already achieved:
- Experience in plumbing repairs
- Must be HVAC Certified and experienced in HVAC repairs
- Experience in electrical repairs
- Experience working with vendors and quoting tasks
- Appliance Repair
- Plaster/ Drywall Repair
- Experience in Lock Replacement
- Experience in Apartment Unit Turnovers in old and new buildings
- Have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and a reliable vehicle available to travel between properties daily
- Possess own basic tools to perform the above tasks
What you are great at:
- Supervise maintenance team, assigning work daily
- Training service team for growth opportunities and increase capabilities
- Inspect, maintain the following items on a DAILY basis : Gates/Fences must close and latch properly. Trash/debris removed (Including Dumpster areas) ,Check community grounds for any trip and fall areas. Signage-visible & in good repair, Community free from trash and pet debris. Maintain proper curb appeal
- Coordinate with Community Manager pre-move out inspections to prepare supply list to turn units as quickly as possible.
- Schedule, oversee and inspect contractors as needed
- Apartment turnover– Turn units in 5 days or less of vacating- performs make ready maintenance on vacated apartments, walking the unit same day as vacated. Use turnover checklists to create turn list of supplies and resident charges.
- Safety –keeps the property and all associated equipment in safe condition
- Inventory control–purchases maintenance supplies,within budget, upon approval of the Community Manager and/or Area Operations Manager
- Emergency maintenance–is “on call” after normal business hours for emergency maintenance requests. Once a fourth maintenance tech is hired, the supervisor will no longer be on call but needs to be available for support when needed.
- Supervises and directs activities of Service techs and vendors
- Recommends personnel actions; trains these individuals in their duties
- Create a Preventative Maintenance schedule and ensure these items are performed
- Sets priorities of service requests and make readies with communication with Manager
- Maintain and control access to company provided tools. Recommend to manager any company tools that may expedite turns or service requests and reduce vendor dependence. .
- Walk property daily. Informs Community Manager and Business Manager in a timely manner of all ongoing or threatening maintenance problems and solutions as well as possible community lease violations.
- Maintains map–showing location of all sewer clean outs and gas, water and electrical cut offs.
- Weekly inspect the property for lighting needs, recorded in the lighting log and report to the Community Manager.
- Provide support for on call techs & Direct reports
- Manage vendor work completed, warranties and callbacks
- Participate in Daily Huddles; Weekly L10 meeting; weekly WIG; and any other company meetings as per your leader
- Submit credit card receipts in a timely manner and code them appropriately.
- Live the DLP core values
- Maintain all logs daily. Current status for key sign out, freon recovery use, tool sign out log for shop, maintenance certifications required on your property, lighting logs
- Hire, coach staff on performance by using the 1-1 monthly alignment meetings
Who you will work with :
- 350+ high energy team members ready to assist with any project
- An experienced top-level Leadership team
- Director of operations, Regional Maintenance Manager, Senior Vice President of Redevelopment, Property Manager
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.
Our Purpose: Dream. Live. Prosper. Passionately creating prosperity through Real Estate.
Our Mission: Lead and inspire the building of wealth and prosperity with our partners through the execution of innovative real estate solutions.
Our BHAG (Big Goal): 100,000 solutions provided for and from real estate.
DLP Real Estate Capital is the parent company of the DLP family of companies and includes:
DLP Realty- A leader in providing innovative solutions to home buyers and sellers, as well as active single and multi-family investors and builders. Home of the Guaranteed Sale program and the Immediate Buyout Program through DLP Offers.
DLP Capital Partners- The leader in providing passive real estate equity and debt funds that offers consistent and reliable high-yield returns directly to high-net-worth investors and through their advisors. Home of the 6-10% fixed return.
DLP Real Estate Management- Provides world-class property, asset, and construction management of multi-family communities, in addition to single-family homes and select commercial assets. Home of the Elite Resident program and the management company of the Dream, Live, Prosper, and Village apartment communities.
DLP Lending- The leader in providing investment housing funding to active single-family and multi-family investors, in addition to privately owned home builders throughout the eastern, southern, and midwestern United States. Home of the Elite Line of Credit Program.
Our Achievements: DLP Real Estate Capital has over $1 Billion in assets under management, and since our founding, has closed over 15,000 real estate transactions totaling more than $4 billion.
- We’ve been ranked by The Wall Street Journal as one of the Top 15 Real Estate teams in the country, including #1 in all of PA and NJ for the past 5 years in a row.
- We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in the US, ranked by Inc. 5000 for 8 consecutive years.
- Earned the #3 spot for Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2020 in the real estate and property category by Financial Times
- We continue to win many workplace awards each year, including Top Workplace, Best Workplace, 40 Under 40, and Fastest Growth in both PA and Florida.
- Our core values
- Driven for Greatness
- Perseverance and Passion for Long-Term Goals: GRIT
- Enthusiastically Delivering WOW
- Living Fully
- Innovative Solution Focus
- Twenty Mile March
- Execution & Excellence
- Humble Confidence
If you share our core values and can drive results in a thriving and fast-growing company, we look forward to speaking with you! While our company has grown to 350+ team members, our team approach allows us to maintain an entrepreneurial spirit while driving toward results. Our team members are engaged and driving results that make a real difference in achieving our Mission. You’ll be noticed and recognized while being provided with tremendous opportunity for growth and continuous learning.
We are looking for ROCK STARS to join our collaborative team. Are you driven for greatness? If so, we may be a perfect match! If you feel that you have the drive, knowledge, skills, and experience to truly be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today!