Position: Senior Tax Accountant
Reports to: VP of Finance
Company: DLP Real Estate Capital
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
Summary: The DLP Real Estate Capital family of companies is growing! The Senior Tax Accountant will assist with the preparation of tax returns for approximately 80 entities. The Senior Tax Accountant will prepare tax projections, estimates and provide analysis and research on various tax planning matters.
What you have already achieved: (Requirements) CPA strongly preferred. Heavy real estate tax experience is required for this.
What you are great at: (Responsibilities)
- You will work with a team of corporate, operational accounting staff and outside accounting firms with the responsibility to provide:
- Preparation of tax packages and/or tax returns for approximately 80 real estate Special Purpose Entities (SPE’s) and corporate operating companies
- Coordinating and working closely and in cooperation with the Corporate and PM Controllers, other accountants and department personnel in compiling information and documentation necessary for creating the tax packages for the above entities.
- Fulfilling requests information and tax returns from various interested parties (lenders, investors, management).
- Calculating and recording depreciation on fixed assets for tax/book purposes and the amortization of intangibles.
- Providing estimates and projections of taxes due, monitoring required tax payments, calculating effects of what-if tax advantaged strategies and furnishing ad-hoc analysis of taxes and taxable income.
- Overseeing the work of cost segregation study consultants and determining optimum utilization of accelerated depreciation and election methods.
- Responding to inquiries and requests from myriad of nationwide tax authorities and regulators.
- Attend all required meetings and work proactively to provide solutions to improve the performance and timeliness of the preparation of returns and audited financial statements.
- Maintaining appropriate record keeping, documentation and filing systems to substantiate tax returns and financial statement audits.
- Assist CFO and the other departments with special projects or as may be needed or directed.
- Performing such other accounting, financial and administrative tasks as may be required from time to time (often on short notice), as directed.
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.