Salary: $0.00 /hour
Position: Tax Manager
Reports to: VP of Finance
Company: DLP Real Estate Capital
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
Summary: The DLP Real Estate Capital family of companies is growing! The Senior Tax Accountant will assist with the preparation of tax returns for approximately 80 entities. The Senior Tax Accountant will prepare tax projections, estimates and provide analysis and research on various tax planning matters.
What you have already achieved: (Requirements) CPA strongly preferred. Heavy real estate tax experience is required for this.
What you are great at: (Responsibilities)
- You will work with a team of corporate, operational accounting staff and outside accounting firms with the responsibility to provide:
- Preparation of tax packages and/or tax returns for approximately 80 real estate Special Purpose Entities (SPE’s) and corporate operating companies
- Coordinating and working closely and in cooperation with the Corporate and PM Controllers, other accountants and department personnel in compiling information and documentation necessary for creating the tax packages for the above entities.
- Fulfilling requests information and tax returns from various interested parties (lenders, investors, management).
- Calculating and recording depreciation on fixed assets for tax/book purposes and the amortization of intangibles.
- Providing estimates and projections of taxes due, monitoring required tax payments, calculating effects of what-if tax advantaged strategies and furnishing ad-hoc analysis of taxes and taxable income.
- Overseeing the work of cost segregation study consultants and determining optimum utilization of accelerated depreciation and election methods.
- Responding to inquiries and requests from myriad of nationwide tax authorities and regulators.
- Attend all required meetings and work proactively to provide solutions to improve the performance and timeliness of the preparation of returns and audited financial statements.
- Maintaining appropriate record keeping, documentation and filing systems to substantiate tax returns and financial statement audits.
- Assist CFO and the other departments with special projects or as may be needed or directed.
- Performing such other accounting, financial and administrative tasks as may be required from time to time (often on short notice), as directed.
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.
Our Purpose: Dream. Live. Prosper. Passionately creating prosperity through Real Estate.
Our Mission: Lead and inspire the building of wealth and prosperity with our partners through the execution of innovative real estate solutions.
Our BHAG (Big Goal): 100,000 solutions provided for and from real estate.
DLP Real Estate Capital is the parent company of the DLP family of companies and includes:
DLP Realty- A leader in providing innovative solutions to home buyers and sellers, as well as active single and multi-family investors and builders. Home of the Guaranteed Sale program and the Immediate Buyout Program through DLP Offers.
DLP Capital Partners- The leader in providing passive real estate equity and debt funds that offers consistent and reliable high-yield returns directly to high-net-worth investors and through their advisors. Home of the 6-10% fixed return.
DLP Real Estate Management- Provides world-class property, asset, and construction management of multi-family communities, in addition to single-family homes and select commercial assets. Home of the Elite Resident program and the management company of the Dream, Live, Prosper, and Village apartment communities.
DLP Lending- The leader in providing investment housing funding to active single-family and multi-family investors, in addition to privately owned home builders throughout the eastern, southern, and midwestern United States. Home of the Elite Line of Credit Program.
Our Achievements: DLP Real Estate Capital has over $1 Billion in assets under management, and since our founding, has closed over 15,000 real estate transactions totaling more than $3 billion.
- We’ve been ranked by The Wall Street Journal as one of the Top 15 Real Estate professionals in the country, including #1 in all of PA and NJ for the past 5 years in a row.
- We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in the US, ranked by Inc. 5000 for 8 consecutive years.
- Earned the #3 spot for Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2020 in the real estate and property category by Financial Times
- We continue to win many workplace awards each year, including Top Workplace, Best Workplace, 40 Under 40, and Fastest Growth in both PA and Florida.
- Our core values
- Driven for Greatness
- Perseverance and Passion for Long-Term Goals: GRIT
- Enthusiastically Delivering WOW
- Living Fully
- Innovative Solution Focus
- Twenty Mile March
- Execution & Excellence
- Humble Confidence
If you share our core values and can drive results in a thriving and fast-growing company, we look forward to speaking with you! While our company has grown to 350+ team members, our team approach allows us to maintain an entrepreneurial spirit while driving toward results. Our team members are engaged and driving results that make a real difference in achieving our Mission. You’ll be noticed and recognized while being provided with tremendous opportunity for growth and continuous learning.
We are looking for ROCK STARS to join our collaborative team. Are you driven for greatness? If so, we may be a perfect match! If you feel that you have the drive, knowledge, skills, and experience to truly be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today!