Salary: $0.00 /hour
Reports to: President
Company: Brite Group Holdings Florida LLC
Location: Orlando, Florida
Benefits: Health Insurance, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Health & Wellness Program, Flexible Work Schedule, and Company Events.
Brite Homes is the leader in building eco-friendly Net-Zero, modernly designed, affordable homes throughout the state of Florida.
Summary: Brite Group Holdings Florida is growing! The Controller will oversee and manage the accounting dedicated to the business of the home builder and real estate sales company.
- You will lead the accounting and financial reporting of Brite Group Holdings Florida
- Acts as the conscience of the Company, which involves fiduciary responsibilities, business process improvement and challenging the thinking and decisions of the entire management team
- Reporting to and supporting the business unit leaders of the above listed company
- Coordinating and working closely and in cooperation with other department personnel
- Mentoring, leading, guiding, training, instructing, overseeing, monitoring and verifying the work of direct reports delegating such duties as feasible while at all times controlling the processes and maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the ledgers and record keeping
- Developing, hiring, inspiring and motivating a team of Rockstar high-performing direct reports
- You will drive results and effectively execute on the strategy of the Company
- Designing and crafting procedures and systems to improve the flow, efficiency and presentation of data, statistics and reports in impactful ways
- Implementing Best Practices for the accounting controls and procedures and for the protection of investors and company assets
- Attend all required meetings and work proactively to provide solutions to improve the performance of the operating companies
- Ensuring the accuracy, integrity of operation and system administration of the accounting systems
- Preparation of timely and accurate monthly financial statements on the above entities together with review, comparisons, analysis and consolidated reporting by scheduled due dates
- Maintaining accurate up to date financial ledgers on costs, revenues, expenses, payables, receivables, assets and liabilities
- Providing and/or maintaining such analysis, budgeting, comparisons, schedules, ad hoc reporting and other financial data as may be requested
- Oversee all bank account reconciliations with comprehensive tie outs (book to bank to g/l and deposit ledger reconciliations on all trust/escrow/deposit accounts)
- Overseeing the disbursement of payroll for all team members, the payment of commissions, employee benefits and other forms of compensation
- Screening and/or monitoring entries (a/p, a/r, general journals) affecting g/l to ensure and maintain accuracy in the general ledger at all times
- Controlling and accounting for all revenues at the time earned and the subsequent payment and collection of all sums due
- Calculate, record and process billings for commissions, revenues fees, reimbursements, job costs and the payment of commissions, construction progress and final payments, cost billings and sales tax returns
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of all accounts payable (and credit card charges) and expenditures while approving, controlling, reviewing and verifying the accuracy, propriety, approvals, correctness, documentation and transparency thereof
- Management of corporate and intercompany loans, advances and receivables
- Maintaining appropriate record keeping, documentation and filing systems to substantiate all accounting entries (invoices, paid bill files, deposit copies)
- Assist President and the other departments with special projects or as may be needed or directed
- Performing such other accounting, financial and administrative tasks as may be required from time to time (often on short notice), as directed
This is a key leadership role with critical responsibilities and it is expected that frequent work on nights and weekends may be necessary to be successful in this position and to meet expectations
- Direct reports will be managed in accordance with daily huddles, weekly department meetings and goal sessions (WIGS), monthly one-on-one alignment meetings and semi-annual performance reviews
- Team of direct reports will each achieve and maintain A or B ratings on performance review results
- Direct reports will achieve 90% of quarterly goal/project commitments (Rocks), at the team, individual and personal levels
- You must report financial results in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) together with financial and accounting policies established by the Company
- You will hold the primary responsibility for the successful implementation and management of financial information systems applications
- Company entity financial statements will be prepared by the 10th of each month with consolidated reporting not later than the 15th and ancillary entity reporting by the 20th
- All bank statements will be reconciled by the 10th of each month
- All vendor and accounts payable payments will be current and processed within 5 business days of receipt of approved billing, payroll and commission payments will be processed on their due dates (no exceptions)
- Income will be recorded when it is earned and a system to ensure receipt of payment and dissemination of delinquencies will be implemented within 90 days of hire
- Entries and record keeping will be kept current to not later than two days lag time on transaction recording to provide the ability to produce up-to-date, accurate, reliable and readily available interim financial statements on a live/real-time basis
- Annual forward looking operating company budgets will be completed by the previous Dec 1st of each year
- Operating company of cash balances and transactions will be monitored daily and proactively to ensure no bank overdrafts occur and no fraudulent transactions are overlooked
- Live up to Brite Group Holdings Florida Core Values:
- Positive Enthusiasm
- Driven to Greatness
- Uphold & Promote Reputation
- Humble Confidence
- Delivering WOW
- Solution Focused
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or six to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Home Builder experience is a requirement and Hyphen Solutions (BuildPro and BRIX) experience is preferred.
Who you will work with :
- A high energy team, with members ready to assist with any project
- An Experienced top-level Leadership team
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful Leadership Team.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other.
Our Purpose: Dream. Live. Prosper. Passionately creating prosperity through Real Estate.
Our Mission: Lead the eco-friendly, net-zero home building industry and become a Top 25 Home Builder by 2025.
If you share our core values and can drive results in a thriving and fast-growing company, Brite Group Holdings Florida may be just what you’re looking for. While our company has grown exponentially, our team approach welcomes contributions. You’ll be noticed and recognized while being provided with tremendous opportunity for growth and continuous learning.
We are looking for ROCKSTARS to join our collaborative team. Are you driven for greatness? If so, we may be a perfect match! If you feel that you have the drive, knowledge, skills, and experience to truly be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today!