Reports To: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Company: DLP Real Estate Capital
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
Summary: DLP Real Estate Capital is looking to add an entry-level Accounting Associate to join our expanding accounting department. You will be responsible for processing invoices, maintaining proper documentation for vendor files, distribution of payments, organizing records and files, and making bank deposits. This position requires organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. An accounting degree is preferred, but not required if we believe you are the right fit. Customer service and retail experience is a plus!
What you have ALREADY achieved!
- Degree in Accounting
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Highly organized with the ability to efficiently and accurately manage multiple projects
- Ability to complete tasks on time with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven abilities in researching and resolving problems
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative, dynamic environment
- Strong desire to improve a process in order to complete tasks more efficiently
What you are great at :
- Process accounts payable using the AppFolio Property Management system
- Ensure all invoices are processed with acute accuracy and efficiency
- Be proactive in the monitoring of payment due dates to ensure timely payments
- Verify accuracy of all payments and proper DLP invoice approvals
- Accurately identify the correct company and property to be charged
- Accurately identify the appropriate general ledger accounts
- Maintain vendor files ensuring proper name, address and W-9 documentation
- Handle the mailing and distribution of payments to vendors
- Maintaining organized records and paid invoice files
- Research historical payments, vendor ledgers, and account balances as needed
- Complete special projects and various analysis work as may be requested
- Assist the entire accounting team w/ ad-hoc projects/tasks as requested
- Maintain excellent work habits and the ability to work under pressure
- Must be a perfectionist, with no tolerance for financial errors or oversights
- Hold all company financial information in the highest regard and in strict confidence
Who you will work with :
- Our FUN & ENERGIZED Accounting Management Staff (CFO, VP of Finance, Controller & AP Supervisor)
- The rest of the dedicated accounting department!
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.
Our Purpose: Dream. Live. Prosper. Passionately creating prosperity through Real Estate.
Our Mission: Lead and inspire the building of wealth and prosperity with our partners through the execution of innovative real estate solutions.
Our BHAG (Big Goal): 100,000 solutions provided for and from real estate.
DLP Real Estate Capital is the parent company of the DLP family of companies and includes:
DLP Realty- A leader in providing innovative solutions to home buyers and sellers, as well as active single and multi-family investors and builders. Home of the Guaranteed Sale program and the Immediate Buyout Program through DLP Offers.
DLP Capital Partners- The leader in providing passive real estate equity and debt funds that offers consistent and reliable high-yield returns directly to high-net-worth investors and through their advisors. Home of the 6-10% fixed return.
DLP Real Estate Management- Provides world-class property, asset, and construction management of multi-family communities, in addition to single-family homes and select commercial assets. Home of the Elite Resident program and the management company of the Dream, Live, Prosper, and Village apartment communities.
DLP Direct Lending Partners- The leader in providing investment housing funding to active single-family and multi-family investors, in addition to privately owned home builders throughout the eastern, southern, and midwestern United States. Home of the Elite Line of Credit Program.
Our Achievements: DLP Real Estate Capital has over $900 million in assets under management, and since our founding, has closed over 15,000 real estate transactions totaling more than $3 billion.
- We’ve been ranked by The Wall Street Journal as one of the Top 15 Real Estate professionals in the country, including #1 in all of PA and NJ for the past 5 years in a row.
- We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in the US, ranked by Inc. 5000 for 7 consecutive years.
- Earned the #3 spot for Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2020 in the real estate and property category by Financial Times
- We continue to win many workplace awards each year, including Top Workplace, Best Workplace, 40 Under 40, and Fastest Growth in both PA and Florida.
- Live the DLP Core Values:
- Driven For Greatness
- Perseverance and Passion for Long-Term Goals: GRIT
- Enthusiastically Delivering WOW
- Living Fully
- Innovative Solution Focused
- Twenty Mile March
- Execution & Excellence
- Humble Confidence
If you share our core values and can drive results in a thriving and fast-growing company, we look forward to speaking with you! While our company has grown to 350+ team members, our team approach allows us to maintain an entrepreneurial spirit while driving toward results. Our team members are engaged and driving results that make a real difference in achieving our Mission. You’ll be noticed and recognized while being provided with tremendous opportunity for growth and continuous learning.
We are looking for ROCK STARS to join our collaborative team. Are you driven for greatness? If so, we may be a perfect match! If you feel that you have the drive, knowledge, skills, and experience to truly be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today!