Lehigh Valley, PA
Salary: $0.00 /year
Position: Fund Controller
Reports to: VP of Finance
Company: DLP Real Estate Capital
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
Summary: The DLP Real Estate Capital family of companies is growing! The Fund Controller will review processes relating to the financial reporting and accounting for multiple real estate equity and credit funds including investor contributions/distributions, valuation processes, redemptions and reparation of monthly financial reporting, investor statements, lender and regulatory compliance and reporting.
You have already achieved: (Requirements) CPA strongly preferred. Heavy fund accounting experience is required for this position.
What you are great at: (Responsibilities)
- You will work with a team of corporate, operational and fund accounting team and outside accounting firms with the responsibility to lead and provide:
- Coordinating and working closely and in cooperation with the accounting staff, other accountants and department personnel in compiling information and documentation necessary.
- Review fund governing documents, offering documents, subscription documents, side letters, and investment management agreements, in order to ensure proper application of fund terms
- Review all transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the features of the investment transactions, accruals, etc.
- Perform treasury/cash management review including establishing/maintaining capital flow projections/schedules, bank balances, loaning tracking, LOC management, bank wire transactions such as setup and validation/control.
- Review work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc.
- Review investor allocations and capital account statements
- Review capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices
- Create, maintain, and/or review distribution waterfall (carried interest), management fees and valuation models, in keeping with the applicable fund terms
- Prepare and/or review financial statements, notes disclosures, and supporting schedules
- Develop/maintain robust review procedures around deliverables
- Manage the year-end audit process, in collaboration with the auditors
- Preparation of tax packages and/or tax returns with working knowledge of K-1s
- Fulfilling requests for information and tax returns from various interested parties (lenders, investors, management).
- Attend all required meetings and work proactively to provide solutions to improve the performance and timeliness of the preparation of returns and audited financial statements.
- Maintaining appropriate record keeping, documentation and filing systems to substantiate tax returns and financial statement audits.
- Assist CFO, VP of Finance and the other departments with special projects or as may be needed or directed.
- Performing such other accounting, financial and administrative tasks as may be required from time to time (often on short notice), as directed.
- Lead, guide, mentor and motivate direct reports using DLP’s EOS (Elite Operating System) tools and guidelines, instilling DLP’s Core Values and developing new leaders within the team.
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.