Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
Role: General Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations / Vice President Property Management
Company: DLP Real estate Management
Location: Vantage of Germantown, Memphis TN 38125
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
DLP Real Estate Management- Provides world-class property, asset, and construction management of multi-family communities, in addition to single-family homes and select commercial assets. Home of the Elite Resident program and the management company of the Dream, Live, Prosper, and Village apartment communities.
Summary : The General Manager leads a large and complex multi-million dollar multifamily operation which includes one or more apartment communities and their staffing. This dynamic and focused individual drives performance and is accountable for successful achievement and execution of the property business plan, ensuring budgets are met, customer service is excellent, the property is well maintained and that team members are developed to become future leaders in the organization.
What you have already achieved: ( requirements)
- Proven ability to drive positive results while representing and promoting core values
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years experience in managing multiple direct reports in remote locations
- A strong background in multiple years of multifamily property management is required
- Solid analytical skills and working with income statements and financial statements
- Proven examples of change leadership and responsibility for on-site project management
- A sense of empowerment, accountability and success at achieving goals, driving performance and developing team members
- Oversight of a large or challenging apartment community or communities
- Documented success in a strong customer experience and successful in person and online client satisfaction
- Appfolio, G-suite, and Microsoft Office experience is a plus
What you are great at: ( responsibilities)
- Provide day to day operations management of all operations while emphasizing positive responses to concerns of residents and prospects, and increasing the value of the property
- Develop and maintain positive resident relations creating a WOW customer experience
- Timely rent collection for all residents and file evictions representing DLP at local magistrate courts
- Achieve and maintain a goal occupancy within the first 90 days of employment, followed by maintaining consistent occupancy moving forward.
- Collect rent and significantly reduce rental delinquency to achieve identified collection goals established by your direct supervisor during the initial 90 days of employment. Maintain a consistent 3% or below delinquency once stabilized
- Understand and manage the budget and business plan for the community. Review financial statements for accuracy, complete variance reports.
- Seek solutions and proactive opportunities to drive revenue, increasing rental rates and other income opportunities at the community while also managing expenses to remain in alignment with business plan and budgets.
- Manage marketing efforts, including extensive outreach to major employers, businesses, schools etc.
- Manage the coverage schedule for the Office & Service Teams including ensuring time cards are completed accurately by each employee
- Physically show available apartments to prospective renters, sell prospective renters on the benefits of living at this community, accept and process applications, and perform lease signing and new move-in orientation
- Carry out other duties as assigned by your direct supervisor and the property management leadership team
- Manage relationships with prospective and future residents — communicating changes in delivery schedules, updates on construction and all other pertinent information
- Participate in regular property inspections to ensure new construction units meet DLP occupancy standards. This includes walking the grounds, model apartments, vacant apartments, amenity areas, common hallways and breezeways, customer restrooms, clubhouse, office and all other areas of the community to identify concerns and ensure these areas are maintained in a clean, quality manner at all times..
- Record and monitor all prospective renter visits to the community and ensure they are documented in the Appfolio system
- Create and implement a robust plan to follow-up on all traffic to the site in an effort to increase closing percentages
- Lead the community’s lease renewal efforts for the property focusing on increasing revenue and securing longer term leases
- Prepare weekly leasing and financial meeting reports
- Make recommendations for the necessary steps to improve leasing performance, initiate and execute lease renewals and signings
- Lead initiative to have residents pay all rent money online
- Ensure that the Service Manager and service team are successfully managing work orders, make ready turns, supplies, preventive maintenance and inventory as budgeted and planned
- Plan, schedule and attend monthly resident events designed to promote a sense of community with residents to increase resident satisfaction, overall value perception and resident retention.
- Upon request, assist with training or helping other DLP communities in the area.
- Provide onboarding training and ongoing training and development to team members
Who you will work with :
- 350+ high energy team members ready to assist with any project
- An experienced top-level leadership team that is dedicated to helping you grow
- A service team and office team that are performance and quality driven
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.