Scott Depot, WV
Salary: $14.00 /hour
Reports To: Service Manager
Company: DLP Property Management
Compensation: Starting at $14.00 (depending on experience) hourly plus maintenance commissions
Position type: Full time
Location: 98 Devonshire Dr Scott Depot, WV 25560
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
DLP Real Estate Management- Provides world-class property, asset, and construction management of multi-family communities, in addition to single-family homes and select commercial assets. Home of the Elite Resident program and the management company of the Dream, Live, Prosper, and Village apartment communities.
Summary: DLP is looking for a groundskeeper who is dependable, can work independently, and will take the initiative to take on other responsibilities and challenges as they arise. This is because the Groundskeeper is responsible for “curb appeal.” Curb appeal refers to the overall appearance and upkeep of the property. The term “curb appeal” refers to the impression the property makes from the street. It is the appearance the property portrays when seen from a car, as well as the impression it makes on anyone passing by the community. This is the first impression a customer has of the community; their first impressions are their ongoing impressions. It is also what the residents see each day as they come and go. The Groundskeeper must be reliable and prompt when reporting to work. He/she must be able to relate to residents in a friendly, professional manner. He/she must be able to follow instructions and perform his/her duties with minimum supervision.
What you have already accomplished: (Requirements)
- Must represent & promote our core values
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 1+ years experience is preferred
- Multi-family experience is preferred
What you are great at (Responsibilities)
- Keeping grounds clean and free of debris
- Performing cleanouts of vacant apartments
- Cleaning common areas including office
- Painting, flooring, carpentry, framing, trimming, drywall and drywall finishing, concrete work, cabinetry installation, windows & door installation, general cleaning
- Work with a variety of hand tools and power tools
- Maintain tools and have all the necessary tools to complete the tasks that are given.
- Keep daily records
- Prepare written lists for assessing maintenance needs and requesting materials
- Schedule work in cooperation with other employees, vendors, residents, etc.
- Work with refurbishment crew in performing duties required to improve a property and prepare it for renting or for sale.
- Cleans up work site at end of day and completion of tasks
- Able to comprehend the tasks assigned to the individual and follow through with those tasks.
- Ability to problem solve when an unforeseen problem arises while carrying out a task.
- Live DLP core values
- Attend all team Huddles
- Arrive at job 10 minutes early from the scheduled time of service call.
- Cleans up work site at the end of the day and completion of tasks
Who you will work with :
- 350+ Employees Ready to help with any project
- 20 Property managers all up and down the east coast
- Two Dedicated to WOW VP’s
- 10 Assistant Property Managers
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.