Salary: $75,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
Role: Associate Counsel l Corporate Counsel (Real Estate); Transactions; Litigation
Reports to: Chief Legal Counsel
Company: DLP Real Estate Capital
Compensation: $75,000-$95,000 Year 1 compensation
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
Company: DLP Real Estate Capital is the parent company of the DLP family of companies
Summary :DLP Real Estate Capital Inc. is seeking an associate counsel for its headquarters office in Bethlehem, PA. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5 years in-depth experience in areas of general corporate matters, real estate, commercial loan defaults, and litigation; preferably at a law firm and/or in-house legal department. The candidate must be detailed-oriented and highly organized.
Although the position will include a wide range of general business and real estate matters, primary responsibilities will include leading the litigation and workout of defaulted commercial loans, confession of judgments, forbearance, loan modifications, receiverships, and the management of outside counsel, where necessary.
What you have already achieved:
- D from an accredited law school
- At least 5 years’ experience in a firm and/or in-house legal department
- Be in good standing as an active member of the Pennsylvania Bar
- Be in good standing as an active member of the New Jersey Bar (or willing to obtain)
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Attention to detail and follow-up and pragmatic and effective problem-solving skills
- Willingness to develop new areas of expertise
- Ability to adapt to changing demands in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills
- Knowledge and experience in commercial loans, defaults, workouts, and litigation
- Knowledge and experience in general corporate business matters and contract law
- Knowledge and experience in real estate transactional matters
What you are great at:
- Spearhead and execute corporate and litigation strategy related to defaulted loans
- Effectively prosecute and resolve defaulted loans minimizing risk to the company
- Review and negotiate commercial loan documents and agreements
- Review and evaluate title matters, liens and encumbrances
- Develop relations with and effectively manage outside counsel when necessary
- Serve as Broker of Record for DLP Realty LLC (the company’s real estate brokerage company)
- Assists with a wide-range of various legal issues that arise in the course of business operations relating to brokerage, transactions, construction, employment, disputes, and corporate matters
- Effectively handle and resolve company claims and litigation matters
- Draft and review a variety of legal documents including corporate documents, purchase agreements, leases, joint venture agreements, vendor contracts, employment agreements, development, and management agreements
- Provide legal analysis, strategy and solutions in a legally sound manner that balances risks with achievement of the company’s goals and objectives
Who you will work with :
- 350+ high energy team members ready to assist with any project
- An experienced top-level Leadership team
- Specific roles that will work closely with
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.
Our Purpose: Dream. Live. Prosper. Passionately creating prosperity through Real Estate.
Our Mission: Lead and inspire the building of wealth and prosperity with our partners through the execution of innovative real estate solutions.
Our BHAG (Big Goal): 100,000 solutions provided for and from real estate.
DLP Real Estate Capital is the parent company of the DLP family of companies and includes:
DLP Realty- A leader in providing innovative solutions to home buyers and sellers, as well as active single and multi-family investors and builders. Home of the Guaranteed Sale program and the Immediate Buyout Program through DLP Offers.
DLP Capital Partners- The leader in providing passive real estate equity and debt funds that offers consistent and reliable high-yield returns directly to high-net-worth investors and through their advisors. Home of the 6-10% fixed return.
DLP Real Estate Management- Provides world-class property, asset, and construction management of multi-family communities, in addition to single-family homes and select commercial assets. Home of the Elite Resident program and the management company of the Dream, Live, Prosper, and Village apartment communities.
DLP Direct Lending Partners- The leader in providing investment housing funding to active single-family and multi-family investors, in addition to privately owned home builders throughout the eastern, southern, and midwestern United States. Home of the Elite Line of Credit Program.
Brite Homes- Energy-efficient, modern, and affordable, these highly anticipated green-living homes are built by Brite Homes and sold through a partnership with DLP Realty throughout the state of Florida.
Our Achievements: DLP Real Estate Capital has over $900 million in assets under management, and since our founding, has closed over 15,000 real estate transactions totaling more than $3 billion.
- We’ve been ranked by The Wall Street Journal as one of the Top 15 Real Estate professionals in the country, including #1 in all of PA and NJ for the past 5 years in a row.
- We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in the US, ranked by Inc. 5000 for 7 consecutive years.
- Earned the #3 spot for Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2020 in the real estate and property category by Financial Times
- We continue to win many workplace awards each year, including Top Workplace, Best Workplace, 40 Under 40, and Fastest Growth in both PA and Florida.
- Live the DLP Core Values:
- Driven For Greatness
- Perseverance and Passion for Long-Term Goals: GRIT
- Enthusiastically Delivering WOW
- Living Fully
- Innovative Solution Focused
- Twenty Mile March
- Execution & Excellence
- Humble Confidence
If you share our core values and can drive results in a thriving and fast-growing company, we look forward to speaking with you! While our company has grown to 350+ team members, our team approach allows us to maintain an entrepreneurial spirit while driving toward results. Our team members are engaged and driving results that make a real difference in achieving our Mission. You’ll be noticed and recognized while being provided with tremendous opportunity for growth and continuous learning.
We are looking for ROCK STARS to join our collaborative team. Are you driven for greatness? If so, we may be a perfect match! If you feel that you have the drive, knowledge, skills, and experience to truly be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today!