Salary: $0.00 /hour
Reports To: Property Management Controller
Company: DLP Family of Companies
Location: Bethlehem PA
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!!
DLP Real Estate Capital is the parent company of the DLP family of companies
Summary: DLPis looking to add a Property Accountant to our expanding Property Management Accounting Department. This is not an entry-level position. You will primarily responsible for all aspects of the month end accounting close for assigned properties including but not limited to:
What you have already Achieved:
- This position requires extreme attention to detail, analytical skills, and the ability to meet deadlines in a face paced environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting is mandatory.
What you are great at:
- Preparing adjusting journal entries & accruals with proper documentation.
- Monthly analysis of budget variances, balance sheet reconciliations, and bad debt.
- Preparation of quarterly work papers and year end tax packages.
- Analysis of annual real estate taxes and insurance for assigned properties.
- Run monthly management fees for all properties using Appfolio software.
- Record the sale and acquisition of multi-family and single family properties.
- Record mortgages, escrow, and lender draws.Reconciling multiple bank accounts for each assigned entity.
- Intuitive understanding of financial statements and recognition of discrepancies.
- The ability to recognize issues and develop solutions.
- Ability to work independently while still contributing to the team’s goals.
- Providing reliable financial reports to the executive team and managers.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
Who you will work with:
- Our FUN & ENERGIZED Accounting Management Staff
- Three Senior Accountants and the AP Team Leader
- The rest of the dedicated accounting department!
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.