Salary: $22.00 to $27.00 /hour
Reports To: Senior Fund Accountant
Company: DLP Real Estate Capital
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
DLP Real Estate Capital is the parent company of the DLP family of companies
Summary: DLP is looking to add a Fund Accountant to our expanding accounting department. This is not an entry-level position. The position requires considerable knowledge of financial accounting, specifically investor reporting functions. You will be responsible for recording, analyzing and reporting transactional data at the end of a given period. This position requires extreme attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused in a busy environment. An accounting degree is mandatory.
What you have already achieved:
- You are an experienced accountant with several years of industry experience (preferred).
- Experience with QuickBooks is highly preferred.
- You have 2 plus years experience with QuickBooks and other accounting platforms, and are a rockstar with general ledger functions and well as financial reporting.
What you are great at:
- Assist the Sr Fund Accountant and CFO with the management of multiple investment funds and the financial reporting for numerous real estate ownership and management entities.
- Maintain accurate organized records of investors, investment earnings, distributions, accrued interest income schedules, account balances and loans using spreadsheets and the Mortgage Office and/or other fund management software.
- Maintain accurate financial ledgers on costs, revenues, expenses, payables and receivables using the Company’s accounting systems and in QuickBooks.
- Maintain necessary scheduling procedures to ensure all investor payments are processed and paid in advance of their respective due dates.
- Processing of payments to and from the funds via check, ACH and wire transfers.
- Provide ad hoc analysis, reporting and presentation of loans, investments, NAV calculations, earnings and financial information as may be directed.
- Preparation of monthly and periodic statements to lenders and investors.
- Documentation and management of loans and investments made by the funds.
- Tracking of payment due dates, maturities, renewals and extensions of the loans payable and receivable of the funds.
- Tracking of loan fees and management fees earned and receivable.
- Prepare accurate and timely billings of payments due to the investment funds.
- Assist the Senior Fund Accountant in the preparation of financial statements and reports for funds, operating companies and real estate ownership entities.
- Participate in account analysis work, budgeting and review of financial statements in connection with the above.
- Prepare and maintain files as needed and directed.
- Prepare accurate detailed financial statement packages for the funds by the 5th of each month.
- Daily monitoring of cash balances and upcoming cash requirements of the funds.
- Preparation of daily reports.
- Coordinate and work closely and in cooperation with other fund accountant(s) and department personnel.
- Assist Senior Fund Accountant and the accounting department with special projects or as may be needed or directed.
- All investor and company financial information to be held in strict confidence.
- Must be a perfectionist, with no tolerance for financial sloppiness.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets.
- Inform CFO of all deviations from instructions before taking unilateral action.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – as directed.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- It is expected that significant additional time will be required to succeed in this position.
Who you will work with:
- Our FUN & ENERGIZED Accounting Management Staff
- Senior Fund Accountant, Controller and CFO
- The rest of the dedicated accounting department!
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.
Our Purpose: Dream. Live. Prosper. Passionately creating prosperity through Real Estate.
Our Mission: Lead and inspire the building of wealth and prosperity with our partners through the execution of innovative real estate solutions.
Our BHAG (Big Goal): 100,000 solutions provided for and from real estate.
DLP Real Estate Capital is the parent company of the DLP family of companies and includes:
DLP Realty- A leader in providing innovative solutions to home buyers and sellers, as well as active single and multi-family investors and builders. Home of the Guaranteed Sale program and the Immediate Buyout Program through DLP Offers.
DLP Capital Partners- The leader in providing passive real estate equity and debt funds that offers consistent and reliable high-yield returns directly to high-net-worth investors and through their advisors. Home of the 6-10% fixed return.
DLP Real Estate Management- Provides world-class property, asset, and construction management of multi-family communities, in addition to single-family homes and select commercial assets. Home of the Elite Resident program and the management company of the Dream, Live, Prosper, and Village apartment communities.
DLP Direct Lending Partners- The leader in providing investment housing funding to active single-family and multi-family investors, in addition to privately owned home builders throughout the eastern, southern, and midwestern United States. Home of the Elite Line of Credit Program.
Our Achievements: DLP Real Estate Capital has over $900 million in assets under management, and since our founding, has closed over 15,000 real estate transactions totaling more than $3 billion.
- We’ve been ranked by The Wall Street Journal as one of the Top 15 Real Estate professionals in the country, including #1 in all of PA and NJ for the past 5 years in a row.
- We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in the US, ranked by Inc. 5000 for 7 consecutive years.
- Earned the #3 spot for Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2020 in the real estate and property category by Financial Times
- We continue to win many workplace awards each year, including Top Workplace, Best Workplace, 40 Under 40, and Fastest Growth in both PA and Florida.
- Live the DLP Core Values:
- Driven For Greatness
- Perseverance and Passion for Long-Term Goals: GRIT
- Enthusiastically Delivering WOW
- Living Fully
- Innovative Solution Focused
- Twenty Mile March
- Execution & Excellence
- Humble Confidence
If you share our core values and can drive results in a thriving and fast-growing company, we look forward to speaking with you! While our company has grown to 350+ team members, our team approach allows us to maintain an entrepreneurial spirit while driving toward results. Our team members are engaged and driving results that make a real difference in achieving our Mission. You’ll be noticed and recognized while being provided with tremendous opportunity for growth and continuous learning.
We are looking for ROCK STARS to join our collaborative team. Are you driven for greatness? If so, we may be a perfect match! If you feel that you have the drive, knowledge, skills, and experience to truly be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today!