Lehigh Valley, PA
Salary: $0.00 /hour
Reports To: Senior Fund Accountant
Company: DLP Real Estate Capital
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
DLP Real Estate Capital is the parent company of the DLP family of companies
Summary: DLP is looking to add a Fund Accountant to our expanding accounting department. This is not an entry-level position. The position requires considerable knowledge of financial accounting, specifically investor reporting functions. You will be responsible for recording, analyzing and reporting transactional data at the end of a given period. This position requires extreme attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused in a busy environment. An accounting degree is mandatory.
What you have already achieved:
- You are an experienced accountant with several years of industry experience (preferred).
- Experience with QuickBooks is highly preferred.
- You have 2 plus years experience with QuickBooks and other accounting platforms, and are a rockstar with general ledger functions and well as financial reporting.
What you are great at:
- Assist the Sr Fund Accountant and CFO with the management of multiple investment funds and the financial reporting for numerous real estate ownership and management entities.
- Maintain accurate organized records of investors, investment earnings, distributions, accrued interest income schedules, account balances and loans using spreadsheets and the Mortgage Office and/or other fund management software.
- Maintain accurate financial ledgers on costs, revenues, expenses, payables and receivables using the Company’s accounting systems and in QuickBooks.
- Maintain necessary scheduling procedures to ensure all investor payments are processed and paid in advance of their respective due dates.
- Processing of payments to and from the funds via check, ACH and wire transfers.
- Provide ad hoc analysis, reporting and presentation of loans, investments, NAV calculations, earnings and financial information as may be directed.
- Preparation of monthly and periodic statements to lenders and investors.
- Documentation and management of loans and investments made by the funds.
- Tracking of payment due dates, maturities, renewals and extensions of the loans payable and receivable of the funds.
- Tracking of loan fees and management fees earned and receivable.
- Prepare accurate and timely billings of payments due to the investment funds.
- Assist the Senior Fund Accountant in the preparation of financial statements and reports for funds, operating companies and real estate ownership entities.
- Participate in account analysis work, budgeting and review of financial statements in connection with the above.
- Prepare and maintain files as needed and directed.
- Prepare accurate detailed financial statement packages for the funds by the 5th of each month.
- Daily monitoring of cash balances and upcoming cash requirements of the funds.
- Preparation of daily reports.
- Coordinate and work closely and in cooperation with other fund accountant(s) and department personnel.
- Assist Senior Fund Accountant and the accounting department with special projects or as may be needed or directed.
- All investor and company financial information to be held in strict confidence.
- Must be a perfectionist, with no tolerance for financial sloppiness.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets.
- Inform CFO of all deviations from instructions before taking unilateral action.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – as directed.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- It is expected that significant additional time will be required to succeed in this position.
Who you will work with:
- Our FUN & ENERGIZED Accounting Management Staff
- Senior Fund Accountant, Controller and CFO
- The rest of the dedicated accounting department!
What you’re motivated by:
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.