Salary: $75,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
Associate Counsel l – Servicing, Foreclosure, and Litigation
Reports To: Chief Legal Counsel
Company: DLP Real Estate Capital
Compensation: $75,000-$95,000 Year 1 compensation
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Bethlehem, PA or St. Augustine, FL
Benefits: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with company matching, Voluntary Insurance, 3-weeks Paid Time Off, Holidays, Learning/Educational Incentives, Living Fully Well-being Program, Flexible Work Schedule, Company Events, and the incredible feeling of fulfillment from making a difference in the lives of others while achieving your dreams and goals!
Summary: Serve as in-house counsel supporting the servicing and workout functions of Alliance Servicing, LLC, the wholly-owned servicing arm for DLP Real Estate Capital.
What You Have Already Achieved –
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Active member of a state bar association in good standing.
- Commercial real estate and lending litigation and foreclosure experience.
- Well versed in drafting and negotiating settlement and forbearance agreements.
- Willingness to obtain admission in other states, if needed.
- Highly developed writing and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and respond to multiple demands while meeting time-sensitive deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and desire to exercise initiative, understand business and practical considerations, and work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- The ability to resolve problems quickly and objectively using sound business judgment.
- Flexibility and adaptability.*
What You Are Great At
- Serve as a primary point of contact with outside counsel.
- Provide strategic counsel regarding loan servicing and workout matters.
- Work closely with outside counsel to draft, review, and revise documents in connection with litigation and foreclosure matters, including pleadings, settlement agreements, and forbearance agreements.
- Provide general support to the General Counsel and legal team.
- Review, draft, and revise documents in connection with real estate and private lending transactions, including purchase agreements, leases, assignments, and loan documents.*
Who You Will Work With
- General Counsel, Vice President of Servicing, Associate Counsel, paralegals, and legal assistants.
- Incredible executive team.
- 350+ employees ready to help with any project.*
What You’re Motivated By
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- An executive leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and thoughtful CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members – coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders Made Here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.
Our Purpose: Dream. Live. Prosper. Passionately creating prosperity through Real Estate.
Our Mission: Lead and inspire the building of wealth and prosperity with our partners through the execution of innovative real estate solutions.
Our BHAG (Big Goal): 100,000 solutions provided for and from real estate.
DLP Real Estate Capital is the parent company of the DLP family of companies and includes:
DLP Realty – A leader in providing innovative solutions to home buyers and sellers, as well as active single and multi-family investors and builders. Home of the Guaranteed Sale program and the Immediate Buyout Program through DLP Offers.
DLP Capital Partners – The leader in providing passive real estate equity and debt funds that offers consistent and reliable high-yield returns directly to high-net-worth investors and through their advisors. Home of the 6-10% fixed return.
DLP Real Estate Management – Provides world-class property, asset, and construction management of multi-family communities, in addition to single-family homes and select commercial assets. Home of the Elite Resident program and the management company of the Dream, Live, Prosper, and Village apartment communities.
DLP Direct Lending Partners – The leader in providing investment housing funding to active single-family and multi-family investors, in addition to privately owned home builders throughout the eastern, southern, and midwestern United States. Home of the Elite Line of Credit Program.
Brite Homes – Energy-efficient, modern, and affordable, these highly anticipated green-living homes are built by Brite Homes and sold through a partnership with DLP Realty throughout the state of Florida.
Our Achievements: DLP Real Estate Capital has over $800 million in assets under management, and since our founding, has closed over 12,000 real estate transaction totaling more than $2 billion.
- We are the Inc. 5000 #5 fastest growing company in America out of all companies that have made the Inc. 5000 fastest growing company list for 7 or more years.
- We’ve been ranked by The Wall Street Journal as one of the Top 15 Real Estate professionals in the country, including #1 in all of PA and NJ for the past 6 years in a row.
- We’re a Top Workplaces award winner for 5 straight years.
- Live the DLP Core Values:
- Driven For Greatness
- Perseverance and Passion for Long-Term Goals: GRIT
- Enthusiastically Delivering WOW
- Living Fully
- Innovative Solution Focused
- Twenty Mile March
- Execution & Excellence
- Humble Confidence
If you share our core values and can drive results in a thriving and fast-growing company, we look forward to speaking with you! While our company has grown to 350+ team members, our team approach allows us to maintain an entrepreneurial spirit while driving toward results. Our team members are engaged and driving results that make a real difference in achieving our Mission. You’ll be noticed and recognized while being provided with tremendous opportunity for growth and continuous learning.
We are looking for ROCK STARS to join our collaborative team. Are you driven for greatness? If so, we may be a perfect match! If you feel that you have the drive, knowledge, skills, and experience to truly be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today!